If you own some content – written, image or video, Google AdSense empowers you to make money out of it without too much additional effort. All you would need to do is, create a Google account (if you don’t already have one) and then create AdSense account for blog, your website or YouTube channel.
How AdSense Works
Google has done all the hard work to create an algorithm to choose which ads to display on which website and how to reward the website owners for all the traffic they send to the respective merchants. So you can pay all your attention to creating fantastic content and promote it as nicely as you can to get loads of traffic every day. Your AdSense account will automatically track all the clicks your visitors are generating for each ad on the website, and pay you accordingly at regular intervals. It is an algorithm you can completely rely on.
As far as getting started with AdSense goes, don’t let all the fancy terminology intimidate you even if you are an absolute novice to the world of online advertising. Setting up an account is fairly simple. The process may take a month or two for completion, but there’s nothing complex you’d be required to do except to fill in a few basic forms.
Here is a short overview of how to create Google AdSense account.
- On logging on to the Google AdSense webpage, you will see two options, to sign in using your existing account or to create an account. If you already have a Google account, for example, a gmail id, and would like to register on AdSense using the same, you can start right away, else you can create a new Google account before you apply for AdSense.
- The next step will be to enter your website details. Do remember to type in your entire url correctly.
- Next, you will be asked to fill your personal details like address, account type and payee name. Make sure everything you write is 100% accurate. Re-check for errors.
- If your application to AdSense gets approved, you will get an AdSense code to add on your website or blog. After you add the codes, there will be another review by the AdSense team, following which they will send you the AdSense pin to activate your account.
- To be able to receive payments for the revenue your website generates, you will need to submit your tax information. You will either receive payment approximately a month after account activation or when your account makes its first 100 dollars, whichever is later.
When to Start with AdSense
If your website is fairly new and is only beginning to get traffic, you might like to wait a bit before applying for AdSense. The best strategy to follow is to generate enough viewership first and then start posting ads on your pages. A few thousand views per day is a good number to start. Till then, be as innovative as you can for making your blog popular and think of commercializing once you get there.
What does AdSense Approval depend on?
There are websites that do not get the AdSense team’s approval in the first attempt. They judge your suitability based on a few factors, which, if you are getting sufficient traffic, you might anyways be fulfilling.
Quality and Originality of Content
Good quality, relevant and original content is of prime importance when it comes to getting a good reputation with Google, be it search engine rankings or AdSense approval. In addition, content that looks controversial, like that including nudity, hate speech etc, is always less likely to get approved.
Neat and easy-to-read content is rated much more favourably than unstructured content. Use bullet points, sub-headings, image captions and enough white spaces to make your content appealing.
Multiple Pages on the Website
Add a few pages to your website to add to its credibility. Include an ‘About’ and a ‘Contact’ page to add structure to the website.
So, once you have done enough work on your website and have built credibility for it, it makes great sense to monetize your efforts by creating an AdSense account. Follow the steps above to create an AdSense account and keep updating your website with original and interesting content. Money and fame will definitely follow.